- Often times bargains can be found in the generic brands of wholesome cereals, whole grain breads, store branded salad dressings and canned goods.
- Farmer’s Markets are a great source of lower cost fruits and vegetables, and are generally less expensive than supermarkets.
- Less expensive cuts of meat can be healthfully and deliciously prepared by marinating in inexpensive wine, sake, beer or citrus juice.
- Make your own breadcrumbs by processing toasted whole wheat bread slices and the end pieces. The result will not only we healthier, it will be less expensive as well.
- Make your own trail and snack mixes and bag them into individual servings for quick and inexpensive grab’n go snacks. They make easy lunch box fillers too!