Homemade Spicy Baked Apples Recipe
1/3 Cup Apple Juice
4 Medium Apples
1/3 Cup dry white wine
¼ tsp. Ground Cinnamon
2 Tbsp. Finely Grated Orange Peel
1 Tbsp. Raisins
1 Tbsp. Chopped Walnuts
1/3 Cup Water
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Toast the walnuts until fragrant and golden brown. Set aside.
2. In a small saucepan over low heat, simmer the apple juice, wine, and water for 10 minutes. Add the orange zest and set aside.
3. Core and peel the apples halfway down from stem end. Place in a small nonreactive baking pan just large enough for the apples and reserved apple liquid. Generously sprinkle the apples with the cinnamon. Fill each apple center with raisins.
4. Bake, basting with pan juices every 10 minutes, until apples are tender but still hold their shape, about 25 to 30 minutes.
5. Serve the apples warm with 1 tablespoon of the pan juices spooned into the cored center. Top each serving with chopped walnuts.