In honor of Cinco de Mayo, we’re pleased to share one of our client-favorite Mexican fusion recipes: Mexican Spring Rolls!
While the COVID-19 pandemic may have derailed your usual Cinco de Mayo celebration, you can still create a party atmosphere in your kitchen with this festive, Mexican-inspired recipe.
Mexican Spring Rolls Recipe
Servings – 6 rolls
Serving Size – 2 rolls
cilantro leaves – 12 ea
enchilada sauce – 1/2 cup
green onion, diced – 2 ea
ground turkey – 1 lb
NutriFit Calypso Salt Free Spice Blend – 1 tsp
onions, chopped – 1/2 cup
reduced fat cheddar cheese, grated – 3/4 cup
rice paper – 12 ea
romaine lettuce, shredded – 2 cups
tomatoes, diced – 1 cup
For each teaspoon of the Calypso Blend, you may use: 1/2 tsp. ground chilies, 1/4 tsp. ground cumin, 1/8 tsp. each black pepper and garlic powder.
To make filling:
1. Sauté ground turkey with enchilada sauce, Calypso blend and onions until cooked through. Pour off any excess fat and cool.
To roll the spring rolls:
1. In a bowl of warm water, dip a sheet of rice paper until both sides are moist. Let sit for 1 minute until the rice paper is soft.
2. Place approximately 2 tbsp. of the meat filling on the edge of the rice paper (closest to you) and add a teaspoon of green onion, cilantro, lettuce, tomatoes and cheese. Take the rice paper from edge and roll 1/3 of the way; fold in both sides towards the center and then continue to roll the rest of the way (like you would roll a burrito).
3. Repeat for the remaining sheets of rice paper. (You can cover the rolls with a moistened paper towel as you are rolling the other sheets to avoid the rolls drying out.)
4. Serve immediately or cover the rolls with plastic wrap and refrigerate.