Here’s the last Thanksgiving recipe I have for you: Sweet Potato Soufflé. It’s golden brown, light and delicious! Let me know what you think…
Sweet Potato Soufflé
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
½ Cup Brown Sugar
2 Tbsp. trans-fat free, lite margarine
¼ Cup Grape Nuts cereal
¼ Cup Chopped Pecans
¼ Cup Sugar
4 Cups Cooked, Cubed Sweet Potato
2 Tbsp. unbleached all purpose flour
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
½ Cup Fat Free Egg Substitute
1. Preheat the oven 350° F. Spray a 1 1/4-quart casserole and set the casserole aside.
2. Toast the pecans by placing them on a baking sheet and toasting them in the oven until they are fragrant and a golden brown color.
3. Using a food processor, process the sweet potatoes, egg substitute, sugar, vanilla, and 2 tbsp. of the flour until the mixture is mostly smooth, leaving some small chunks of sweet potato for texture. Transfer the mixture to the prepared casserole.
4. In a small bowl, use your fingers to rub together the brown sugar, the remaining 3 tbsp. flour, and the margarine until crumbly. Stir in the pecans and the cereal. Sprinkle the mixture on top of the casserole.
5. Bake the soufflé for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve immediately.
But if cooking is too much for you this holiday season, NutriFit is here to help serve up delicious healthy sides that come straight to your door! Call us at (310) 473-1989 or order online