Planning on super sizing your Super Bowl Sunday snacks? Whoa – slow down – you may be surprised at some of the calories you can consume in one (long) sitting.
Here’s 5 great tips for making it through the game without eating yourself silly:
- Have a substantial, balanced breakfast on Sunday morning (seriously) – I’m thinking whole grain hot cereal with berries, maybe a poached egg or two, half a grapefruit or orange and even a piece of whole grain toast. Wash it down with a good cup of coffee or green tea, and at least 1 (8 oz) glass of water. That ought to hold you for awhile.
- Go for a FAST walk for an hour, about an hour after you eat.
- Make a platter full of raw vegetables and fresh fruit – and put it front and center on the table in front of the TV
- Put all the rest of the goodies on a table far away from the TV
- Lose the full fat cheese, full fat dairy dips (think low fat only), full fat chips, cookies or crackers. Try white meat chicken skewers, shrimp cocktail, vegetable kabobs, and air-popped popcorn for starters.
Need more ideas for healthy Super Bowl Sunday snacks? Send me a note on Facebook and I’ll send you some. If you’re a “Monday morning quarterback” and need some remedial coaching, I’ll be here….