Planning to watch the Superbowl on Sunday? Just in time to keep getting ready simple and easy, here are some wonderful recipes that you’ll surely enjoy!
Serving Size: ¼ cup
2 ea. avocado, seeded, peeled & diced
2 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed
3 ea. tomatoes, peeled, seeded & diced
3 tbsp. lime juice
1 tbsp. cilantro, finely chopped
½ tsp. green chile pepper, seeded & diced
½ tsp. sea salt
½ tsp. NutriFit Calypso Salt Free Spice Blend
1. In a medium bowl, gently combine avocado, corn kernels, tomatoes, lime juice, cilantro, chile peppers, Calyspo blend and salt.
2. Refrigerate until ready to be served.
Calories: 182; Protein: 3.73g; Carbohydrates: 22.99g; Fat: 10.56g; Fiber: 6.68g
Gluten Free Vegetable Samosas
Serving Size: 3 each
1 ½ cups zucchini, coarsely shredded
1 medium russet potato
½ medium onion, finely chopped
1 cup spinach leaves, thinly sliced
6 tbsp. rice flour
¼ cup peas, fresh or frozen
¼ cup Italian parsley, finely chopped
1 tbsp. safflower oil
1 ea. egg, beaten well
1 tbsp. NutriFit Lemon Garden Salt Free Spice Blend
1. Grate the potato into a bowl of cold water. Prepare all of the other vegetables. Squeeze the water out of the potato and mix them all together in a large bowl. Season with Lemon Garden blend. Stir in egg.
2. Form 3 tbsp. of mixture into 4″ diameter patty. Place on large baking sheet. Repeat with remaining mixture. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
3. Heat nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add grapeseed oil and cook vegetable patties in batches until golden, about 4 minutes per side.
Calories: 171; Protein: 5.38g; Carbohydrates: 26.18g; Fat: 5.36g; Fiber: 2.88g
Lavosh with Peanut Butter & Dried Fruit Snack
Serving Size: 3″ piece
12 oz. extra firm lite tofu
2 pieces lavosh
1 1/8 cups reduced fat peanut butter
2 oz. dried cranberries & raisins
1 oz. dates, chopped
1. Combine the tofu and peanut butter in the carafe of a food processor and mix well.
2. Spread each piece of lavosh lightly with peanut butter mixture.
3. Arrange the mixed fruit evenly over the top.
4. Roll and cut each lavosh roll into 6 even pieces.
5. Serve immediately or wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate until ready to eat.
Calories: 205; Protein: 9.32g; Carbohydrates: 22.04g; Fat: 9.81g; Fiber: 2.45g
Chocolate Chip Fondue
Serving Size: 3 tbsp.
1 cup chocolate chips (you may used reduced-fat variety)
¾ cup fat-free evaporated milk
1 (2.5-oz) jar baby food prunes
Fresh fruit for dipping
1. In a heavy saucepan, combine chocolate chips and milk over low heat. Stir until smooth, making certain mixture does not burn.
2. Add prunes slowly, stirring constantly. If using as a fondue, keep warm in fondue pot.
3. Fondue is great with all fruits, especially bananas, oranges, and pineapple, and is also good with small pieces of cake or graham crackers.
Calories: 125; Protein: 2.3g; Carbohydrates: 23.4g; Fat: 4.9g; Fiber: 1.6g
Fruit, Nut & Raisin Spread
Serving Size: 2 oz.
2 oz. reduced fat cream cheese
4 oz. fat free cottage cheese
1 tbsp. pecans, finely chopped and toasted
3 tbsp. golden raisins
2 tbsp. each dried figs & pitted prunes
1. Process the cottage cheese in the food processor until smooth.
2. Add the cream cheese and continue to process to form a smooth base.
3. Coarsely chop the figs or raisins (you may use either – remove the stems), and blend into the creamy base with the raisins and pecans.
4. Chill until ready to serve.
Calories: 108; Protein: 1.6g; Carbohydrates: 25.11g; Fat: 0.4g; Fiber: 2.3g
Power Snack Mix
Serving Size: ½ cup
1 cup small pretzels
1 cup shredded wheat cereal
¾ cup roasted soy nuts
1 cup raisins
1 cup chex mix
1.Combine all ingredients together and serve
Calories: 171; Protein: 7.051g; Carbohydrates: 29.68g; Fat: 3.523g; Fiber: 2.714g
Looking for specific healthy recipe? Leave me a comment and let me know. Or check out the recipe section for more deliciously healthy NutriFit recipes!