It’s Monday – first day of the work week for many people!
To minimize Monday stress, you can:
- Get physical. It’s one of the most socially acceptable, instantly effective ways to relieve stress. Walk, jump, run, kick or punch your way to a more relaxed state.
- Write it out. Journaling your feelings can help you keep perspective on the situation. Just don’t send it anywhere until you’ve had a chance to calm down!
- Take deep breaths and count backwards from 100. Just slowing down your breathing and focusing on something other than the source of your stress can make a huge difference.
- Call a trusted friend or family member. Venting is usually something people who care about you will understand.
- Try to see the situation from a different perspective. Without being Pollyanna-ish, there is often another view that will help make the situation less burdensome.