Now you have some delicious wholesome vegetarian soups, here are two of my favorite vegetarian entrees that cost less than $5 to make! Please enjoy my Quinoa Casserole and Multi-Bean Vegetarian Chili recipes:
Multi-Bean Vegetarian Chili
Servings: 8 Serving Size: 1 cup
½ cup green bell pepper, chopped
2 cups black beans, cooked
¼ cup chiles, green or jalapeno, diced (optional)
1 cup corn kernels
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 cup lentils, sorted and rinsed, uncooked
1 tsp. NutriFit Calypso Salt Free Spice Blend
1 cup onion, chopped
1 cup red beans, cooked
5 medium tomatoes, chopped
1. Heat a large pot sprayed with olive oil cooking spray over medium heat, add the onions, bell peppers and garlic and cook until the onion is translucent, but not brown. Add remaining ingredients, bring to a boil, then reduce heat, and simmer for not less than 30 minutes and up to 2 hours, covered. Longer cooking time yields more flavorful results. After 30 minutes, check for seasoning and add more Calypso or cayenne pepper to taste. Great the next day and freezes well.
Calories: 374; Carbohydrates: 69.88g; Fiber: 13.35g;
Fat: 1.25g; Sodium: 298mg; Protein: 25.24g
Servings: 4 Serving Size: 1 ½ cups
2 cups garbanzo beans, cooked
½ cup onions, chopped
1 cup carrots, chopped
1 cup turnips, cubed
4 cups vegetable broth
½ tsp. sea salt
2 ea. garlic, minced
1/3 tsp. cumin
2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 cups quinoa, uncooked
6 cups swiss chard leaves, stemmed
½ tsp. black pepper
1 tbsp. NutriFit Lemon Garden Salt Free Spice Blend
2. Drain liquid from beans, rinse thoroughly. Set aside. Rinse quinoa through a colander twice. Set aside.
3. Heat a stockpot over medium heat. Add olive oil, onions, garlic, cumin and black pepper. Cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes.
4. Add UNCOOKED quinoa and toast over medium heat, stirring, for 5 minutes, or until quinoa is browned and fragrant.
5. Add garbanzo beans, salt and stock and cover. Turn off heat and let quinoa hydrate into liquid, about 20 minutes.
6. Add swiss chard leaves, coarsely chopped, and stir until chard is wilted.
Calories: 387; Carbohydrates: 57.77g; Fiber: 10.45g;
Fat: 12.05g; Sodium: 794mg; Protein: 13.68g