It’s easy to get a little careless in the kitchen, so to prevent food-borne illnesses I recommend being most mindful of time/temperature and cross-contamination issues. Here are the top five salmonella carriers:
1. Cross contamination between cutting boards that are used for raw animal and raw vegetables
2. Leaving food out for too long
3. Inadequate heating and cooling temperatures
4. Unclean hands; less often hand washing than is healthy
5. Unwashed fruit/vegetables that carry salmonella from the rind into the flesh of the item
Know that at NutriFit we adhere to the highest kitchen safety standards! I hope you will too for the safety of your whole family.